As a national centre for the collection, sorting and distribution of goods, the project “4U” has the goal of providing for the basic needs of needy people.
On the premises of the CIGL Esch, several types of activities can be organized:
- donations workshop: the collection and refurbishment of donations of various types of consumer items (clothing, shoes, games, sports equipment and clothes, infant care), leisure and sports articles
- cycling workshop: the collection and refurbishment of bicycles for children and adults
- public workshops: communal workshops to give a second life to used goods, combining the skills of professionals and volunteers.
Through these workshops we wish to foster exchanges between the country’s different socio-economic categories.
Each workshop is composed of a technical supervisor and job seekers on reintegration programmes. The supervisors help the job seekers registered with ADEM, who are faced by difficulties of a professional nature (long-term unemployment, lack of qualifications, etc.) and a social nature (housing, health, mobility, family environment, etc.).
– Applicants for international protection
– Beneficiaries of international protection
Duration of the project: 01/07/16 – 31/12/17
CIGL Esch asbl
32a, rue Zénon Bernard
+352 54 42 45 200
Mr. Carlos BREDA
+352 54 42 45 300
+352 621 324 429
Mr. Nicolas VAN DE WALLE
+352 54 42 45 206