The essence of the Connections is to provide a bridge between asylum seekers and the working world in Luxembourg. The goal is to prepare asylum seekers and refugees, for their integration into the world of work and business in Luxembourg
The project aims to:
- create links between DPI/BPI and the companies
- Mobilize the economic actors to the professional integration of DPI/BPI and giving them the opportunity to engage themselves in favour of Diversity in Luxembourg.
- To contribute for this target population to professional insertion work of ADEM
On the basis of evaluations of their skills and their professional background:
- 14 Information sessions about: Luxembourg work mentality, tips and tricks. Other subjects like diploma equivalence
- 6 Workshops about work in Luxembourg in collaboration with HR managers from big companies In Luxembourg.
- Unpaid internship of 240 hours which can be spread out over 6 months, with evaluations of skills with Rome form (used by ADEM)
in addition, the participants can have a free access to some trainings:
- Proposed by the professional Chambers
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
The participants receive a liaison diary, a portfolio and an official certification followed by the participant to enable them to document and show their efforts.
The Connections project has been nominated as the best practise of management of diversity by (Diversity awards) On 11th May 2017 in the third edition of the Diversity Day, the project won the Diversity Award in the category « Recruitment, Welcoming and Integration »
Target population :
– Applicants for international protection
– Beneficiaries of international protection
– Luxembourgish professionals specializing in the job and training markets, businesses, and Luxembourgish volunteers interested in questions relating to access to the job market
Duration of the project: End of 2015 – End of 2018
Mrs. Laura ZUCCOLI
+352 691 472 162