The project « Ma’an » – which is Arabic for “together” – has the goal of giving asylum seekers and refugees the necessary language skills and understanding of their host society and how it functions, for them to communicate and interact with the residents and thus initiate their process of integration. To achieve this, the project is putting in place a set of language courses that focus on communication, an understanding of Luxembourgish society, exchanges with residents, the organization of an independent life, and employability.
Based on the fact that many of the new arrivals have not mastered the Latin alphabet, even if they have studied it in their land of origin, four levels of language courses are proposed:
- Introduction to the Latin alphabet and French language for Arabic or Farsi speakers
- intensive French courses for levels A.1 and A.2
The courses will be supplemented by conversation opportunities where the notions learned can be put into practice.
The experience acquired makes it possible to develop the following educational materials:
- a teaching methodology
- two dictionaries: French – Arabic/Farsi – Luxembourgish
- course preparation materials.
– Applicants for international protection
– Beneficiaries of international protection
– Residents interested in acquiring a better understanding and knowledge of refugees through information and exchange
Duration of the project: End 2015 – 07/19
Mrs. Laura ZUCCOLI
+352 691 472 162