The project Sleeves Up enables Luxembourg’s newcomers to transform their talents into a means of self-employment through training courses, individualized mentoring, and personalized follow-up. The project taps into Luxembourg’s myriad institutions, associations and training programs to furnish them with the means to launch their own projects.
- Training workshops prepare participants for creating their own businesses. Subjects include the basics of Luxembourg’s economy, the business “pitch,” determinations of commercial viability, financing, administrative procedures, tax issues and marketing. Though Sleeves Up provides its own approach, each participant learns to identify and integrate diverse resources already in place.
- Individualized mentoring and follow-up to help participants develop their ideas, overcome obstacles to implementation and obtain relevant assistance.
- An internship for participants who completed Sleeves Up training workshops and desire placement in a company with similar activities as his/her project.
Touchpoints asbl is a non-profit organization that creates meeting points between local people and immigrant populations in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg in order to promote integration over the long term. Through its activities, Touchpoints encourages acceptance of cultural diversity and stems the emergence of parallel societies.
– Applicants for international protection
– Beneficiaries of international protection
Duration of the project: 01/08/16 – 31/12/18
Mr. Jordan GERSTLER-HOLTON
+352 691 997 421